Monday, April 25, 2005
Mortal Kombat @
By Whoosh 2 @ 1:14 am      17 Comments
Time: 1 am
Location: KPN Bus, Seat No 13
Place: Somewhere between Chennai and Bangalore
Starring: Vikkki, Guy in seat No 14

I have always wondered; when two seats share the same armrest, to which person does the armrest belong to? Whenever I go to the cinema theatre, this is the first thing that comes to my mind. I start thinking about this till the movie starts, after which I don’t care a damn about who places his hand on which armrest. But yesterday was different. I had to show who was boss…

After my weekend in Chennai, I was traveling back to Bangalore by the 10:30 pm KPN bus. My seat was the non-window seat No.13. In seat 14 sat another guy. Paakarathukku konjam bayangaramaa thaan irundhaan. Matter enna nnu keteenganna, rendu seat kkum common armrest. There started the problem.

Bus kalambidichi.. Naan seekaramaavey thoongiduvein, generally. Oru 11pm kku, driver paatu off pannittu dim lights on pannaan. Oru 1 o clock paathaa, yaaro enna thatti ezupuraa maathiri oru feeling. Ennadaa nnu paatha, namma seat 14 la irukura aalu was trying to push my hand off from the armrest. Hmm.. Seri, ponaa podhunnu solli naan konjam neram kaiya keela vechitein. Then I slept off. Thookathula, my hand must have automatically gone to the armrest, because after a while I felt the same feeling.. Yaaro ezhupura maathiri.. Paatha, once again that fellow was trying to push my hand off.. Enakku vandhudhu paaru kovam, with all my force I pushed his hand off the armrest and placed mine there. Every 5 minutes, he would try to nudge my hand off, aana naan vittukudupeinaa?? Chance a illai..Thiruppi pudichi thalli uttuttu irundhein. Thookam kadakudhu po, innikki indha prechanaikki oru mudivu kattanum nnu solli, thoongaama ukaaralaam nnu nenachein. Approm the prospect of not sleeping and going to the office at 8am dawned on me and it didnt look too inviting. Seri nnu, I just dozed off for a while. Idhu thaan chance nnu solli, that fellow made his move. That was that, This time I had to show him who was boss. I twisted my body to face him. Nudged his hand off the armrest and placed both my hands and one leg on the arm rest leaving him no place to even try to attack me.. Enna nenachittu irundhaan.. Yaar kitta modha try panraan avan!!! HA!

Vikkki
17 Comments

17 Comments:
  • At April 25, 2005 1:54 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    oh god.. hate reading tanglish n u managed to write an entire post in tanglish therby increasing my TTR 10 times!!

    and i guess there's an unspoken rule - only one of them is yours. in ur case, the one between u guys was rightfully his, cuz you in the aisle had an exclusive armrest to your left dumbo!!

     
  • At April 25, 2005 2:10 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    Cha, I am not such a bad boy.. that guy also had an armrest for his exclusive use on teh window side [:)]

     
  • At April 25, 2005 8:42 am, Blogger IBH said…

    ahahahahah!!! i have had this problem so many times....i can truly understand the satisfaction u wuld have got by finally having both the armrests for u!!!

    :)

     
  • At April 25, 2005 9:44 am, Blogger Nirenjan Krishnan said…

    Both armrests aa??? One armrest became a footrest!!!

     
  • At April 25, 2005 9:30 pm, Blogger NS said…

    Good show... keep it up:)
    Even i love to have both armrests for myself..:)

     
  • At April 26, 2005 1:17 am, Blogger Sonal said…

    Vikki,
    You said u blog in English. Your tamil comments in between spoil the fun for the readers of ur blog who do not know Tamil. I know it gives voice to ur original thots;-)
    Please avoid doing that often for ur reader's sake :-)

     
  • At April 26, 2005 1:48 am, Blogger Chakra said…

    I support u... armrest ellam eppavum namakku daan... how can we give it up for others? inime yaravadhu armrest ku rights eduthundanganna, en kitta sollu...

     
  • At April 26, 2005 2:35 am, Blogger ESIH said…

    God vikram, i can understand wht it must have been...and tht was a real hilarious post, couldnt help laughing just imagining the combat you had..haha..and yah next time, try reducing the tanglish a bit...had a bit of trouble figuring out the words..:D.

     
  • At April 26, 2005 7:45 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @IBH: My Satisfaction knew no bounds :)

    @Nirenjan: Noone is stopping us from keeping the foot are they? ;)

     
  • At April 26, 2005 7:50 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Nithya: illaiyaa pinaa.. Naama yen vittu kudukanum, kaasu katromilla?? ;)

    @Sonal: Sure, shall reduce my tanglish from next time..

    @Chakra: Naaney rights eduthudurein.. I'll allow u to use them for a nominal fee though :p

    @Susmita: Thanks yaar.. And, i'll reduce my tanglish... sure. :)

     
  • At April 26, 2005 12:04 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Funny post Vikkki, everytime I travel face the same problem. Yaaravadhu idhukku oru mudivu konaandhaa thevalai :)

     
  • At April 26, 2005 8:06 pm, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said…

    Ellam Ok dhan...but kadhai mudiyalayae.!! Enna achu appuram.!!

    Kai irukka illayah? ( You and the other dubakoor).

    PS- Its funny and I've thought about it also ...though no experiences.

     
  • At April 26, 2005 8:53 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Uma: Seems the problem is more prevelant than i initially thought! :)

    @Venkittu: En kai kaal nalla thaan irukku.. Avan mattum marubadiyum vaal aati irundhaa, avan kai kaal venumnaa poi irukkum!!

     
  • At April 27, 2005 2:43 am, Blogger Kiruba Shankar said…

    Vikkinna Summavaa!!! :)

     
  • At April 27, 2005 11:40 am, Blogger Prav G said…

    enakku ennamo avan arm-rest-a pudikka avlo dhadave un "touching touching" pannadha theriyila... idhula vera ennamo marmam adangi irukku ba. Jaakradha!

     
  • At April 27, 2005 8:46 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Kiruba: Adhaaney.. Vikkki nnaa sumaavaa..

    @Jamshed: I am happy as long as my surrounding delta has no intruders..

    @Prav: Dai. Idhelaam konjam 2 much-u :p

     
  • At April 29, 2005 12:12 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Late here! Irundhaalum latest-a varaen :D

    Avar maela saanju vizhunga, armrest enna, seat-ey ungalukku dhaan! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
History
Archives
Super Star Blogs
My Shreya
The Salad
Affiliates
  • 15n41n1
  • Get Firefox
  • Listed on BlogShares