Friday, March 18, 2005
Play Safe... @
By Whoosh 2 @ 9:03 am      15 Comments
It was 2am. A full moon day. The night was quiet. The hiss of the drizzle outside made for a nice soothing effect. The scene was perfect. A long day at the office made me sleep like a baby. My Nokia's ringtone shattered the silence of the night. I woke up. I could hear my heart pounding. Generally, I dont get calls at that time. I saw the number. It was her. I picked up the call. She wanted to do it one last time. She was leaving the next day. I thought she was crazy. She was adamant. She wanted to have me at her place immediately. I told her I would be there in half hour.

I remembered the first time we did it. It was a year after we had met. That night, I can never forget. I got ready in five minutes and ran to my car. The rain had picked up and what was a light drizzle was now a heavy downpour. I started my car. I could hardly see the road ahead. Images of our first time kept flashing in my head. It was hard for me to believe that this was the last. I tried to keep my thoughts aside. I wanted to enjoy our last night together - The last time we would do it. I always liked doing it with her. She was the best at it. She always had a surprise everytime..

On my way, I stopped at a 24 hr shop to get something. I knew she wouldnt have a spare and I couldnt take the risk. It was another ten minutes before I reached her place. I got down from the car and walked to her doorstep. I was about to press the bell when she opened the door. I was happy to see her.

She was happy to see me. She looked really beautiful that night. She held my hand and pulled me in. I wanted to say something, but she put her fingers on my mouth and cut me short. "This isnt the time for talking...", she said. She made me sit on the couch and asked me to get comfortable. I was as comfortable there as I could be. She went inside to "get things ready". She came out after five minutes. She cleared the table. I liked doing it there. She asked me if i brought it. I did.

I took out the candles I bought on my way there. We had our last candle light dinner together. I couldnt believe we wouldnt do it again....

;)
Vikkki
15 Comments

15 Comments:
  • At March 18, 2005 1:30 pm, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said…

    Very Interesting my friend.

    You have the makings of a wonderful writer. I knew there would probably be a twist..but never expected the dinner..!

    Keep it up.

     
  • At March 18, 2005 3:21 pm, Blogger Me said…

    daaaiiiiiiiiiiii enna vishayam ellamey double meaning liye ezhudhara??

     
  • At March 18, 2005 6:24 pm, Blogger Kay said…

    Kanna nee ippadi build up kudukrapaye nenaichen ippadi thaan sappunu matter mudika porenu.... oh antha mattera mean pannleengo....:))

     
  • At March 18, 2005 9:24 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Venkitu: Thanks man.. And the dinner was delicious... Slurp!

    @Me: Double meaning aa? Naan single meaning la thaan ezhuthunein.. :p

    @Kay: Yedha mean panneengannaa??

     
  • At March 19, 2005 12:41 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    nice build up.. kinda knew it was gonna go poof! but expected something better than candle-lit dinner.. c'mon vikkki!

    hmm.. mebbe play Mortal Kombat ;-)

    n the "she wanted to have it" was kinda dumb.. how do u "have" a candle-lit dinner.. know wat i mean??

    mebbe she wanted to beat me at NFS one last time.. yikes! me too much into gaming lately.. sorry!!

     
  • At March 19, 2005 12:48 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Chikuado: Aaargh...!! Please God. Save me.. :)

    Speaking of games, try out NFS Underground II. It ROCKS!!!!!!

     
  • At March 19, 2005 12:54 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Chikuado: Btw, where have I used that sentence.. U just made me read the entire post again and I couldnt find it... :(

     
  • At March 19, 2005 8:14 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    Hey Jammy.. Yeah, I am linking you from my blog, aana, blogrolling is kinda screwed up today.. I am having a tough time getting it to function again.. Shud be up by the morning... :)

    And man.. have a nice time with the chicken ;) hehe..

     
  • At March 19, 2005 6:07 pm, Blogger che sara sara said…

    nijamve dinner mattum thana....i have my doubts...??? LOL

     
  • At March 19, 2005 6:08 pm, Blogger che sara sara said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At March 21, 2005 3:52 am, Blogger Murali said…

    Hi Vikki,
    First of all lemme thank u for commenting on my blog!!

    Semma build up...ezhutharthellam scene-a double meaning-la ezhuthinenga... ya.......thevame...thevame...

    K D ya nee..... //ofcourse pls no offence meant... jus a friendly comment. I couldnt help saying it//

     
  • At March 21, 2005 7:54 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Dumbs: Thanks man.. Btw, waiting to see u blog soon.. Missing the Anjali adventures...

    @Sophia: Illai yaar.. Dinner kku appuram Dessert irundhudhu.. :p

    @Ravi: Thanks dude!!!

    @The Optimist: KD Naanaaa?? :(( . Double meaning aa .. appadinaa?? ;)

     
  • At March 22, 2005 5:44 am, Blogger Ishwar said…

    thaanga mudiyala.... enna venum?
    i used to write similar things when i was 14.

     
  • At March 24, 2005 5:48 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Ishwar , @ All: I am deeply saddened that I have not been able to reach the "level of maturity" that has been attained by my respected Senior in all matters of regard. My apologies to all...

    @Shan: eh?

     
  • At March 24, 2005 10:13 am, Blogger DreamClicks said…

    Good one man. Knew it was gonna have a twist but the dinner thingy was a pleasant surprise! Enna orkut candle dinner eh?!?!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
History
Archives
Super Star Blogs
My Shreya
The Salad
Affiliates
  • 15n41n1
  • Get Firefox
  • Listed on BlogShares