Friday, February 18, 2005
Kaloori Saalai.... கல்லூரிச் சாலை @
By Whoosh 2 @ 8:11 am      8 Comments
"சேலை கட்டும் பெண்ணுக்கொரு வாசமுண்டு...
கண்டதுண்டா?? கண்டவர்கள் சொன்னதுண்டா??"

There she was... The most beautiful girl I have ever seen.. Her flowing hair waving to the tunes of the breeze around... Her hands making designs in the air that da Vinci would love to call his.. She was my Ms.Perfect.. She was My Shreya..

My "Kaloori Saalai" (College Road) is a place that I can never forget - for many a thing has happened there.. My "kaloori saalai" is home to many Engineering Colleges and it was in one of them that I met her.. The day started off like anyother.. I got ready for college and was in the bus. I had my walkman in the ear and was listening to "Maddy Maddy .. OHO Maddy" and was religiously replacing every occurance of the word "Maddy" with "Vikkki". The bus turned into my "Kaloori Saalai" when I noticed that a particular college had its annual symposium that day.. Out of an impulse my friend and I decided to get out of the bus; bunk college and go for the symposium.. We had done that innumerable times before.. I would simply go the next day - meet my HOD and ask him to give me OD (On Duty). Attendance in college was never a problem for me.. But this was no simple symposium. It was the symposium that was to change my life...... forever???

I ran to the admission desk - handed my identification card to the coordinator there and registered myself for all the events on the list... Winning was secondary for us.. we were there just to have a nice time.. I had finished all the prelims. Had my lunch and I was waiting for the finals to start. Suddenly a voice called out... "Vikram.. Please come to the dias". I turned to see who was calling me.. What I saw next... I shall remember for the rest of my life....

There she was.. The most beautiful image my eyes had ever seen.. She was in a black saree with works all over - her skin color was in total contrast to her saree... Her big bright eyes could give Ash Rai a run for her money.. Those beautiful red lips had just uttered my name and she was calling me to the dias.. Stunned - Motionless - I was just staring at her.. I couldnt do anything else.. Time ticked.. I have no idea how long i kept looking at her.. My friends there gave me a slight nudge and got me back to my senses... Must have definitely made a fool of myself there.

I was being called for the next event that I had registered for.. But, hell with the event.. My "event" for the day had just happened and I had won the first prize.. I had immediately decided that she was going to be the one.. One advantage that I had of coming from a school with a large number of students, was that I invariably had a friend in every college in the city. Though I have never had problems striking a conversation with ppl of the opposite sex, this was different. My heart started beating at an awfully high pace and the nerves had overcome me.. I just couldnt do it.. My friend had noticed what was going on and he was having a great time at my expense.. But I didnt give him a damn.. My agenda for the day was far more important and it wasnt going anywhere!!!

I just sat there, waiting for event after event to finish.. Just then.."Dai Vikram.. When did u come man?? Were u here all day long? How come I didnt see you??".. That was Priyanka. My friend of 14 years. I knew she was in that college, but she was in the CSE department and I didnt think I would meet her that day..

"Hi Priyanka.. Eppadi irukkei?"
"I am fine da.. Come .. Lemme introduce u to my friends"
"No yaar.. Its okay.. Not in a mood"
"Come on da..."

I was hardly interested in meeting anybody then - especially someone from the CSE department. Priyanka wouldnt have any of that.. She took me to every tom, dick and harry and was introducing me to them... Then out of nowhere.. "Vikkki, meet Shreya.. My best friend"...

The tender hands were out inviting me to shake it.. My eyes met her's. What beautiful - beautiful eyes they were.. The warmth of her smile would bowl anyone over.. I was no exception.. I extended my hands for a plesant hand-shake.. "Hi Shreya. Pleased to meet you. I am Vikram". I pleaded with Priyanka to invite Shreya for a Pepsi.. I got the three of us some snacks and a Pepsi and we hit it off... Phone numbers and Yahoo IDs changed hands.. It was time to go.. I said my Goodbyes and off I went.. The happiest person on planet earth.

I never got to hear from her for a couple of months after that. I didnt have the courage to call her on her phone and she never called me. Sometime later I met her online on Yahoo and we had the lovliest (is there a word called "lovliest"??) of conversations that night. I invited her out for the weekend and she agreed.. I took her out to Pizza Corner and I was all at ease with her. It was like she was made just for me!!!!!

Five months passed by.... I received a call from her.. "Hai Vikkki. Dai. I am going to USA. Mela padikka porein.. I will be joining my Boy Friend, Siddarth there"...

I just couldnt stay at home that evening. I took my car out for a long drive. All the while I was thinking that it was some kind of a joke. But it wasnt..

2 years have since passed. I am driving down the same "Kaloori Saalai" to visit my college. I just passed her institute.. She is still there in the USA...

Lucky Siddarth!

(All characters in this story are fictious.. This did NOT happen to me... :) )
8 Comments

8 Comments:
  • At February 18, 2005 7:18 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    If we could get all the girls we want, I think I would give Gandhiji a serious run for his money for the title "Father of the nation" ;)

     
  • At February 19, 2005 10:28 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Good one !!!

    fictious.. This did NOT happen to me... :)

    I don't believe it.

     
  • At February 23, 2005 12:44 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    it's funny how all guys find "the one" in their lives..! and nasty of u to finish it that way.. me chuckles!

     
  • At February 23, 2005 8:28 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Me: Nadakaradhu Nadakaama irukaadhu, nadakaadhadhu nadandhirukaadhu! ;)

    @Chikuado: We guys have a gift, u know! :D

     
  • At February 27, 2005 10:11 am, Blogger DreamClicks said…

    how come i cannot trust that this story is NOT all that fictitious?!

    Dun worry Vikkki, mebbe another Shreya with that same black saree wud walk by... btw, did u watch the movie BLACK? Go to the theater and watch it, u can see many people dressed in black... trust me on that!!!

    and... why is that vikkki is spelt with 3'k's?!

     
  • At February 28, 2005 7:35 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Dreamvendor: About the story being fictious or not, well, it is upto u to decide.. :p

    I saw Black. Movie was too good. I liked Ayesha in the film. The lil girl is one helluva actress..


    And the 3 k's stand for "kadalai kanniyam kattupaadu" :)

     
  • At March 02, 2005 12:15 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Morpheus:

    Andha Siddarth a oru kai paathukanum nnu naan romba naala wait pannittu irukkein.. Nee thaana adhu.. Dho varein...

    ;)

     
  • At September 20, 2007 4:08 am, Blogger Raz said…

    read a lot of ur works today! :) nice... sooo whts it now? is sherya urs or sids?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
History
Archives
Super Star Blogs
My Shreya
The Salad
Affiliates
  • 15n41n1
  • Get Firefox
  • Listed on BlogShares