Saturday, March 26, 2005
The Summer of '99 @
By Whoosh 2 @ 11:47 am      8 Comments
Bryan Adams liked the Summer of '69 a lot and he wrote a song about it.. For me it was the summer of '99.. If I could sing, I would have had a blockbuster too.. But I cant sing.. I can blog though.. '99 - The year i joined SSN Engineering College in Chennai...

Yesterday i went back to my college to enjoy the College Day celebrations along with Umesh. This college day was supposed to be special.. There were two batches in my college in which I had many friends. One batch was my own, the 99-03 batch and the other batch was two years our juniors. ('01-'05). This junior batch of mine is currently in its final year and this was their last college day. It really saddened me that from next year on, if I go to my college, I would know nobody. The last people whom I knew would pass out this year... **sigh**. During our college days we had a Dance group named "The Surface Connectors". It had Sridhar, Varun, Ramu, Jagan, Chakky, Umesh and myself in it. We were a pretty good group and we were quite known in our college. When we left college two years back, we decided that we would get back together and perform a dance once again for the 2005 College Day. Well, Jagan and Ramu are in the USA, I am in Bangalore and though the rest are in Chennai, they are all pretty busy with their jobs. So, what was a thought - stayed that way! :( - We would NEVER perform in SSNCE anymore!!!!

But one nice thing was that I met up with quite a few of my juniors after a long time. It was really nice to see them after all this time.. Srini, Joe, Vyaas, Griffith, Dharini, Tina, Shwetha, Sameera, Deepa, Savitha, Sabesan (his MJ dance this time was - as usual - great) to name a few! Brought back thoughts of my SSN days... **sniff sniff** Those will be days I can never get back...

These days, many of my classmates from SSN are getting married. Next in line is Ms.A. She is getting married sometime in June this year. She is my friend of 7 years. A very close friend of mine, I must add.. I have never seen a more bubbly person than her. We nicknamed her "Rowdy" for all the 'looty' that she used to do in SSN. The thing is, it is hard for me to believe that she is getting married. We are going to miss all that fun she used to be the cause of! Things are not going to be the same, is it? We wont see her sporting a kerchief around her hand anymore.. Though this is a special phase in her life and I should be feeling happy for her, I still cant avoid having a heavy heart knowing that we wont see the REAL ROWDY anymore. Guess this is how life is going to be.. When each friend of mine gets married, a void is going to grow within me, and that would tell me that someone special in my life will no longer be the same person anymore.. A hard and grim fact.. The other side of marriage!!!!

Sorry abt all this Senti.. Just couldnt take it and had to dump it somewhere..

Vikram

(PS: Notice that I signed this post as "Vikram". This is the real me scribbling :(( )
8 Comments

8 Comments:
  • At March 26, 2005 4:40 pm, Blogger che sara sara said…

    this kinda phase is there in everyones life.....kinda emotional...anyways dont worry ......u will have ur lecturers and professors to meet in college.....
    marriage esp...indian marriage most of the times kills any individuals originality....usually its gals......

     
  • At March 26, 2005 8:39 pm, Blogger Murali said…

    vetri......vetrivel....Vikram vetrivel :)

    Sathya Raj dialogue maari ille?

    BTW neenga SSN-la thaan padichengalo!!

    Summer of 99:
    I got my first real "engineering seat"..
    bought it at a lakh n a half...

    Kiddin yaar!!!! Chill....

    Hey tell me more about bangalore gals yaar...im keen to know

     
  • At March 26, 2005 11:20 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Sophia: Lecturers and Professors.. yeah right!! :)


    Bangalore gals man??? Dude, I'd settle for Singara Chennai anyday.. Ooru Singaarama irukko illiyo, ponnungalaavadhu "singaaramaa" irukaanga!

    .. and dai, kashtapattu counselling la kadachai seat da.. didnt buy it!!! :p

     
  • At March 27, 2005 1:13 am, Blogger Murali said…

    Vikkki,
    Hey i was kiddin man...jus to get summer of 99 rhyming...taz it
    I surely dint mean to offend u or something.
    Manichiko ya!!!

    And yah...Chennai gals r no better dude....

     
  • At March 27, 2005 12:17 pm, Blogger Me said…

    Seri seri freeyavedu. Naalikey shreya oda post onnu podu ellam seri aazhidum :)

     
  • At March 27, 2005 8:43 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Dumbs: You are on Orkut too.. What is your full name man? Search panrein...

    @Me: Yeah, Yeah.. Shreya post coming up soon.. :)

     
  • At March 28, 2005 12:50 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Shanawaz: I remember u pretty well yaar.. :) .. And abt Jagan - the last I heard, he was going to the USA. But this was a while back.. Not too sure what he is upto currently!!!

    Btw, where are u put up now??? What are u upto??

     
  • At March 29, 2005 1:58 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    saved this y'day cuz blogger conked out big time..!

    sigh..! we all love those college days dont we?? happens, man.. but if i had a choice, i wud do something saner this time around ;-)

    w.r.t. friends getting married, i agree. it sucks big time. and especially girls.. the way they change.. hate it!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
History
Archives
Super Star Blogs
My Shreya
The Salad
Affiliates
  • 15n41n1
  • Get Firefox
  • Listed on BlogShares