Monday, January 31, 2005
Monday Morning VIBGYOR... @
By Whoosh 2 @ 1:00 am      3 Comments
Ever heard of Monday Morning Blues?? Well, this morning it was not only the "blues" that gave me company, but I had with me the entire rainbow.. Yeah, Monday Morning VIBGYOR!

Man, being a Software Engineer is hell! Another week of staring in front of this dumb machine that doesnt even know what it is supposed to do.. Another week of pointers and Segmentation faults! GRRRR!!!! I hate Mondays! And to top it all, this week has no holidays.. Hang on, let me check my calendar when the next holiday is... Yikes! March 25th! CRAP! NO HOLIDAY THIS
ENTIRE MONTH!!! Oh No!

I came into the canteen this morning for breakfast and for the first time I got this urge to see how my co-employees were on a Monday Morning! After taking a good quick glance around the cafeteria one word came to my mind. ZOMBIES! Tired, sleepless people about to drop to their knees were all that I could see.. And this after a 2 day weekend! Poor Poor Software
Engineers... I am not sure if only we feel this way or if it is the case with people from other professions, but one thing is for sure..... I HATE MONDAYS!

And, yeah, did I tell you that I had a crappy weekend... Now,that made this monday even worse. My Laptop has spent more time this year in the service center than with me... How cool is that?? After the 6th visit to the service center this year (Jan alone), i brought my laptop back. It worked super cool for 2 hours.. (A good 2 hours) and all of a sudden it just went *PLONK*. The darn thing just shut down and now it wouldnt boot. When i woke up this morning I remembered that I had to take a 20 km detour on my way to the office to go to the HP service center to get my laptop serviced again. For those who know Bangalore, I am put up at E-City, my office is at Whitefield and the service center is in IndraNagar.. Grr.. I thought the better of it! I didnt want to start an already daunting week on a bad note! I put off my visit to HP by a day and came to the office. Here, I have been staring at this DELL machine from morning trying to implement some stooooopid algorithm!!!

Thanks for listening to my woes.
Have a terrible week.
Vikkki
3 Comments

3 Comments:
  • At January 31, 2005 1:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey!!!!!!!its not just engineers,but i guess a universal problem of all profeesionals(Sad Monday Mood).
    in the morning i had this gloomy mood,but out if it by now.

     
  • At January 31, 2005 3:26 am, Blogger DreamClicks said…

    A bad start is a good end.... mebbe u r gonna have a rocking weekend..... okie...enuf of 'filasafi'.... I truly hate Mondays and am planning to start a 'Monday Sucks' club...free life-time membership!!! Game?!

     
  • At January 31, 2005 7:20 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Dreamvendor: Let me have the honor of being the first member of the club... :)

    @Anon: U are out of it? Grr.... How can you??

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
History
Archives
Super Star Blogs
My Shreya
The Salad
Affiliates
  • 15n41n1
  • Get Firefox
  • Listed on BlogShares