Monday, December 20, 2004
The "Bhramin" me... @
By Whoosh 2 @ 8:10 am      6 Comments
So we had this feast in college sometime in May this year and for a change we had Non vegetarian food in campus. Hmm .. I was having a ball!!! Then this friend of mine Ms. S comes along..

V: Hmm.. Delicious
S: Vikkki, what are u eating?
V: Chicken Curry.. Its great!! Taste some..
S: How can u eat all this?
V: (surprised at the question) Why not? Its great...
S: Isnt it wrong?
V: Err.. I dont see anything wrong in this..
S: Bhramins shouldnt eat Non Veg.
V: And... Who is the Bhramin here??
S: You are..

Well people, for the record, I am not. But, i keep getting this reaction everywhere. I was having a conversation with my friend about this yesterday. And i was surprised to hear that she too took me for a Bhramin when she first saw me - a good 6 years back. And the reason that she gave was even crazier. "Well, u dont sport a mush. And moreover, u look like one". Like, excuse me.. how do you define how a Bhramin "looks like"??? Some say that my slang is also a bit Bhramin like.. Well, maybe that is because of the number of Bhramin friends that I have.

I honestly dont have a problem with people calling me a Bhramin. Just a case of mistaken opinion! It is when they stare at me when i eat NV food that drives me nuts.. Can i please have my chicken in peace???


6 Comments

6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
History
Archives
Super Star Blogs
My Shreya
The Salad
Affiliates
  • 15n41n1
  • Get Firefox
  • Listed on BlogShares