Saturday, July 30, 2005
Bangalore to Chennai.... @
By Whoosh 2 @ 1:53 am      15 Comments
My bus journeys from Bangalore to Chennai or in the reverse direction are never uneventful.. Yesterday night, I took the KPN 11pm bus from Bangalore to Chennai.. En seat number 10. (window seat). Pakkathu seat number ennannu kandupideenga.... 9 nnu sonnavanga elaarum thangalapathi thaan eppovumey nenachittu irupaangalaatum irukku ;) hehe.. .. Pakkathu seat number 11. (Aisle seat). Seat number 11 la irundhavarukku naan vecha peru, "Loose Maakaan"..

The following is the dialogue that ensued between Loose Maakaan and Me...

(I got into the bus and found that this fellow was sitting in his own place and my place was free.. I felt happy that no one else had occupied my seat..)

Me: Hi. I am in seat 10. I would like to go in.
(I dont know what this fellow heard, he immediately shifted to seat 10)
L: Ok. I will sit in seat 10. No issues.
V: No No. I meant I want to sit in seat 10.
L: Is yours seat 10?
V: err. Yes.
L: I thought mine was seat 10.
V: Well, u were sitting in seat 11 so long, werent u?
L: (pointing to seat 11) So is this seat 11?
V: Yes.
L: So, this is your seat, right?
V: No Mister, Mine is seat 10. The one where u are sitting now. Yours is seat 11, the one where u were actually sitting.
L: Then why did u ask me to sit in seat 10?
V: When did I ask u to sit in seat 10?
L: As soon as u got in...
V: I said I wanted to sit in seat 10.
L: Did u ask the conductor if it was okay to sit in seat 10.
V: Whats wrong with you yaar? seat 10 is my seat. Why should I ask the conductor?
L: Oh, your ticket says seat 10??
V: YEAH!!!
L: Then what does mine say?
V: How would I know?
L: Let me check..
V: Ok, please do so..
L: (Looks at his ticket).. Hmm.. It says seat 11.
V: Obviously...
L: So, I need to sit here?? (pointing to seat 11)
V: Yes sir. If you dont mind, that is...
L: No No.. Absolutely not. No issues..

He shifted to his own seat.. I placed my luggage in the overhead cabinet and I was about to sit down in my seat.. Only then did I notice that the seat was a bit wet.

V: Yen seat-u wet aa irukku?
L: Enna ketaa? Enakku enna theriyum?
V: ( I called the conductor).. Conductor, seat wet aa irukku paarunga... Yen?
C: (At L) Sir, seat yen sir wet-aa irukku?
L: En water bottle lendhu thanni kottidichi!
V: Idhei naan kekkumbodhey solli irukalaam illai!
L: Neenga ketaa naan sollanumaa?
V: (Aargghhhh!!!).
C: Sir, irunga. Naan oru blanket tharein. Adhei seat melai pottukonga.
V: Hmmm.. Seri. Thanks!

The AC was not switched on as yet and the entire bus was a bit stuffy then!

L: Isnt it very stuffy in here..
V: (Aarambichitaanyaa!!!) Err yes. The AC is not on.
L: Yeah, I can see that.
V: Ok.
L: I am going to have a smoke. Hope the stuffy feeling goes away then..
V: (Dum adichaa stuffy feeling eppadi pogum??!!!@!@!@!)

He gets down and has a puff. He comes back and sits in his place. Avan vandhadhukku appuram full bus-ey gabbadikka aarambichidichi! The stuffy feeling was thousand times better than the stench from his mouth!!!

Oru 10 minutes kalichi bus kalambidichi. Seri thoongalaamnu naan kanna moodunein.. Oru two minutes kalichi oru small sound.. (ooor-nnu).. Seri, onnum irukaadhunnu freeya-vittein.. Marubadiyum adhey sound ketichi. Ennadaannu thirumbi paathaa, namma loose maakaan, vomit varra maathiri action pannittu irundhaan.. "Pochi-da" nnu nenachikutein..

Avan aduthavaati adhey action pannumbodhu, I asked him...

V: Excuse me.. Are u all right?
L: Umm Umm (Meaning "Yes Yes")
V: Vomit varaamaathiri irukaa???
L: Umm Umm (Meaning "No No")
V: (Pinnei yen da indha maathiri action kudukurei??)
V: Do u want me to ask the driver to stop the bus?
L: Paravaa illai sir.. Ungalukku edhukku kashtam. Aanaalum neenga en melai romba akkarei eduthukureenga...
V: Yov, unakku enna aanaa enakku enna? Nee en melai vaandhi eduthaa kashta paduradhu yaaru!!???

I got up and saw if any other seat was empty. Seat number 15 was empty. So, I got up and went and sat there.. Bus oru half-hour pochi. Then Hosur came. A fellow got in and came to seat 15.

Fellow : Sir, idhu en seat-u.
V: Neenga 10 la ukaarureengalaa??
F: Illai sir. Neengaley angai ukaarunga!
V: (Damn!)

I went back to that seat. Paatha namma loose maakan enna paathu nakkalaa oru sirippu sirichaan!! Grrr... I thought to myself that once this loose maakaan goes to sleep, endha problem-um irukaadhunnu.. So I decided to wait till this guy went to sleep.. Oru 15 minutes kalichi paatha, that fellow had dozed off... Seri nnu naanum konjam kannu moodunein.. Marubadiyum oru satham.. "urrrr.... Urrrr...." nnu. Endirichi paathu, that fellow koratai uda aarambichitaan.. Adhukku aapuram engai thoonguradhu!?! Full night andha koratai sathathey kettutei ukaandhuttu irundhein!!!

Sivaraathiri!!!

:(
Vikkki
15 Comments

15 Comments:
  • At July 30, 2005 6:49 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    Ippo siripaa thaan irukku.. Nethu raathiri paduthi eduthutaan that fellow!!! Man.. Feel like killing him!!! :(

     
  • At July 30, 2005 10:00 am, Blogger Harish said…

    LOL!!!

    here's a trick u can use next time..
    keep staring at the fellow with a devilish grin on ur face, with an evil glint in ur eye, almost as if ur eying for his blood..
    avan thoongina maathiri thaan!

     
  • At July 30, 2005 10:05 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Harish: Seri, appo naan unna yen pakkathu seat la eppovaavadhu paathaa, I will remember this comment! :D

     
  • At July 30, 2005 9:54 pm, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Dumbs: Grad snaps on the way yaar... Need to upload them...

    @Insomniax: :p

     
  • At July 30, 2005 11:50 pm, Blogger DreamClicks said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At July 30, 2005 11:51 pm, Blogger DreamClicks said…

    Edho poorva-jenmathu bandham!!

    Aanaalum neenga en melai romba akkarei eduthukureenga... LOL! LOL! LOL!

     
  • At July 30, 2005 11:52 pm, Blogger DreamClicks said…

    err... what the hell... can't do this italics thingy - i had quoted the following lines...

    Aanaalum neenga en melai romba akkarei eduthukureenga...

    still ROTFL!!

     
  • At July 31, 2005 10:41 pm, Blogger J said…

    Hahahhahhaha :)))) Vikki, LOL :))
    avana apdiyae naalu saathu saaatha vendiyathu dhaanae !!

    btw, I completely enjoyed this post da !! :) achoo thaniya sirika mudiyama kashtapattutu iruken :D
    nee vera profile'a photo poattu iruka, so antha dialogues, kadupula elam epdi irunthu irupenu I could imagine and LOL-ing :))

    take care take care :)

     
  • At July 31, 2005 10:59 pm, Blogger Ambar said…

    Vikki, extremely Non-Tam unfriendly post. Agreed, some statements can't be translated. But atleast try to provide a translation.

     
  • At August 01, 2005 7:02 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hmmmm looks like we have similar travel experiences! Oru gundu ponnu onnu en seatla ukkandhuttu perisaa inglishla enna merattunuchu during my last trip. Made her get up and move to her seat, aana she took over the handrest though :(

     
  • At August 02, 2005 7:53 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    ROTFL!! u n ur b'lore-chennai adventures.. it's funny how u n DV get stuck with the weirdest of weirdos.. LOL!!

     
  • At August 02, 2005 10:04 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @DV: Thankfully the distance between Chennai and Blore is covered in just over 4 n half hrs.. Imagine what would have happened if I were travelling to Hyd!! :(


    @J: Thanks yaar... And thanks for taking time out to imagine how I would have looked in that place.. GRRRRR....

     
  • At August 02, 2005 10:15 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Ambar: As u said man, some things are spoilt when translated to English.. :)

    @Uma: Ya, dont get me started abt handrests.. I actually have another post where I literally fought with the other guy for the handrest.. Read it here..
    http://vikramkural.blogspot.com/2005/04/mortal-kombat.html

     
  • At August 02, 2005 10:16 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    @Chik: Ya, we do! we do! :)

     
  • At August 04, 2005 11:59 am, Blogger Whoosh 2 said…

    Kannaadi la ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me
History
Archives
Super Star Blogs
My Shreya
The Salad
Affiliates
  • 15n41n1
  • Get Firefox
  • Listed on BlogShares